Thursday, April 12, 2012

I spent a weekend playing the role of Yes Man several months ago with a group of my friends from the Sharon High School Theater Company. I spent the weekend saying "yes" to as many situations as was reasonable without causing me too much stress or skipping my shifts at work. I had one of the best weekends that I had had in a long time, although it was stressful. I took chances that I wouldn't normally have been willing to take and I talked to people I wouldn't normally have spoken to. I met many new people that I am still close to and I made new memories. The stress I experienced over the weekend was the result of my missing my only non-manditory dance class,  this always causes me a significant amount of anxiety but the over all experience was worth it. As a whole, it was without a doubt a positiveevent for me, and the few offers I did have to turn down (sleeping over a friends house and blowing off my shift at work) I regreted not being able to accept. The people that I spent my week with noticed that I was considerably more relaxed than normal which made me more fun to be around. I absolutly feel closer to the people I was with and find that I am more willing to take chances as a result of this experience.

1 comment:

  1. Grade: A) What was stressful about these new experiences and conversations I wonder? I hope you are able to find more quality with your brother in the immediate future.

    ReplyDelete