Tuesday, March 13, 2012

When I made a list of five things I was afraid of attempting because of failure, the most reasonable on the list for me to try was talking to my parents about the possibility of me majoring in dance in college. The conversation took about a week of dropping hints and seemingly meaningless stories about how much I love to dance. While the conversation did not end in the best possible way, it was not a complete failure. My parents basically said they didn't want to pay college tuition just for me to dance, but they are fine with me minoring in dance as long as I major in something else. The response was more than I had hopped for and enough for me to work with. I am glad I overcame my fear of failure long enough to confront my parents, even if it was mostly because I knew it had to be done sooner or later. I am not sure if I will have the courage to attempt the other four things on my list but the results of this exercise have been encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment