Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My signature strengths came out as appreciation of beauty and excellence, capacity to love and be loved, curiosity and interest in the world, bravery and valor, and creativity, ingenuity, and originality. I was surprised that capacity to love and be loved and bravery and valor were in my top five strengths because I often have difficulty building relationships in my life to the point of love and I'm not usually brave enough to take many chances. I have learned from this test that I actually am not authentic in my actions the majority of the time. I find myself pretending to be friends with people that drive me insane or purposely not sharing my opinion because I know the people I am with don't agree. I see a lack of authenticity particularly in my style, when trying to decide what to wear in the morning instead of thinking what do I want to wear, I think what would this or that person wear, or what is in style? I was shocked to uncover this about myself because I thought that I have been true to myself but I have started to realize that that isn't always true. While I openly express my opinions about things I find beautiful or fantastic and I am very curious about things around me, my actions always don't match up to my other "strengths". I have already explained the contradiction between my personality and actions and my capacity to love and be loved as well as my bravery and valor. I also find that while creativity, ingenuity, and originality was one of my top five strengths I often have a difficult time coming up with truly original or ideas. I find the difference in the results of the strength test and my personality to be puzzling.

1 comment:

  1. Grade for Exercise 1: A-) Are there other sources of fulfillment besides the shows? Do you have other outlets for creativity, letting your true self shine? As Rousseau said: "Every man wants to be happy, but in order to be he needs to first to understand what happiness is." You have provided some interesting ideas. In addition you learned hopefully a little bit about yourself. The goal obviously is to cultivate these ideas as much as possible and incorporate them into you life and the lives of those that mean the most to us. Especially when it comes to your personal strengths. By fostering those more consistently and sharing them with others everyone wins: you win by being the best of yourself, the world wins because it gets the best you have to offer.

    ReplyDelete